If you are looking for tips on safer injecting, or how to protect yourself from blood borne viruses, Hepatitis SA CNP peers educators can provide you with up-to-date information and handy resources in a safe and non-judgmental setting.
Hepatitis SA CNP peer educators have personal experience or in-depth knowledge on injecting drug use.
Besides distributing sterile equipment, CNP peer educators provide:
- information and support on protection against blood borne viruses and other drug related harms
- information on testing and treatment options for hepatitis B and C, including referrals to sources of further information
- appropriate referrals to health and welfare services, including drug treatment services.
Hepatitis SA CNP peers are available full-time at three sites and at rostered sessions at other clean needle program sites around the Adelaide metropolitan area, including one at the Hepatitis SA office in Hackney.
Click here for Hepatitis SA CNP locations and opening hours.
Training topics include:
- Performance enhancing drugs: an introduction which includes commonly used equipment for injecting.
- Overdose awareness
- Viral hepatitis education and BBV prevention
- Vein care
- Common health issues experienced by people who inject drugs and how to prevent them
- How to engage with people who inject drugs