Hepatitis SA is a non-profit, community-based organisation that provides information, education and support services to South Australians affected by hepatitis B and hepatitis C. This includes people with hepatitis B or C, their family and friends, and professionals who support them. We also provide hepatitis C and clean needle program (CNP) peer education and support services, and operate a CNP secondary site.
The physical and emotional wellbeing of South Australians living with viral hepatitis is optimised and the transmission of viral hepatitis is prevented.
Lead the community response to viral hepatitis in South Australia
Hepatitis SA works to bring about a society where:
- viral hepatitis transmissions are minimal,
- the physical, emotional and social health and well-being of people affected by viral hepatitis are catered for, and
- the link between health and social justice is understood.
Hepatitis SA leads the community response to hepatitis by participating in government and community services reference groups.
Our on-going activities include:
- Development and distribution of hepatitis B and C information resources.
- Education and training, including a positive speaker program where people share their lived hepatitis experiences.
- Hepatitis C outreach peer education project.
- Hepatitis library including an online collection.
- Online information services.
- Peer based clean needle program services at various Adelaide locations.
- Peer based support groups for people affected by viral hepatitis.
- Telephone information and support to people affected by hepatitis B or C.
We are funded through SA Health, the Australian Government Department of Health and one-off grants from other sources.
Our Organisational Structure
- Hepatitis SA Board
- Executive Officer
- Admin Officers
- CNP Peer Projects
- Project Officer
- CNP Peers
- Enhanced Peer Project Coordinator
- Hepatitis SA Helpline & Support Services
- Phoneline Volunteers
- Information & Resources Services
- Publications Officer
- IT & Online Services Officer
- Information & Resources Officer
- Resource Volunteers
- Hepatitis C Treatment Peer Education
- Peer Mentor/Educator
- Peer Educators
- Viral Hepatitis Education Services
- Hepatitis Positive Speakers
- Executive Officer
Hepatitis SA Board
|Vice Chair||Bill Gaston|
|Kerry Paterson (Executive Officer)|
Read and download our constitution, annual reports, current strategic plan and other documents in our official documents section.