Support for Patients
Hepatitis SA runs support groups for people with viral hepatitis at Hackney and Port Adelaide.
The Hepatitis SA Helpline provides information and support to people with viral hepatitis Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. Call 1800 437 222.
A face to face information and support service is also available by appointment, call the Helpline on 1800 437 222.
Free counselling (face to face and over the phone) is available free of charge to people with viral hepatitis through MOSAIC Blood Borne Viruses Support Services. You may refer patients online or they can call 1800 182 325 (country callers) or 08) 8245 8100 with no need for a prior referral.
Hepatitis SA also provides a Chinese language Hepatitis B information and support service including a special Bub & B service for Chinese-speaking new, or expectant, parents. Patients may call the helpline on 0403 648 348.
Print publications from Hepatitis SA
Hepatitis SA has many publications available to order in print format. You can view them on Issuu and order via our online order form. You may find the following publications particularly relevant for your patients:
- Free Services for People with Viral Hepatitis
- Fibrosis Scan (English) (Chinese)
- Tips for Managing Medicines – wallet card
- Hep B & Moms to Be (English) (Chinese) (Vietnamese)
- Hepatitis B – There’s no such thing as a healthy carrier (English) (Chinese) (Vietnamese)
- Little Book of Hep B Facts (English) (Vietnamese)
- Basic Hep B Facts (Chinese) (English)
- Hep B Fast Facts (Chinese) (English) (Hindi) (Vietnamese)
- Hepatitis B Vaccination FAQ (English) (Chinese)
- Hepatitis C Basic Information
- Hepatitis C Treatments Chart
- Hepatitis C Testing Flowchart
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Hepatitis C Genotypes
Downloadable resources from other organisations
- Australian visa applicants and hepatitis (Hepatitis Victoria) – Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Dari, English, Vietnamese
- Hepatitis B Vaccination at Birth: Why your baby needs it (SA Health)
- Hepatitis B Factsheet for Newly Diagnosed (ASHM). Available in multiple languages
- Hepatitis B – What You Need to Know (available in English, Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese). From Hepatitis Australia.
- The Multicultural HIV and Hepatitis Service in NSW produces a number of hepatitis B & C resources in languages other than English.