Hepatitis SA will be facilitating SMART Recovery Groups every Wednesday at 5:30pm - excluding public holidays - commencing 3rd January 2018. SMART Recovery is a free group program that assists people in dealing with problematic behaviours.
Groups will be held at 3 Hackney Road with access at the rear of the building via Nuffield Lane.
What is SMART Recovery?
SMART (Self Management and Recovery Training) Recovery is a free group program assisting any problematic behaviours, including drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, gambling, food, shopping, Internet and others. Guided by trained peers and professionals, participants come to help themselves and help each other using a variety of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and motivational tools and techniques.
What to expect?
- Weekly meetings
- 90 minute duration
- Run by trained facilitator
- Focus is on the addictive behaviour and not on the substance itself
- Goal setting: Set your own achievable plan for the week ahead
- Concentrate on present and future, not on the past (no life stories!)
- Evidence-based tools and techniques (cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing)
4 point program
- Enhancing and maintaining motivation
- Coping with urges
- Problem solving
- Lifestyle balance
Some of the tools and techniques to help you manage addictive behaviours include:
- Pros and cons of problematic behaviour
- Triggers, beliefs and consequences
- Craving and urges
- Goal setting
- Areas of Importance